Where social media can be a beneficial source to connect with others. It can also be a purge and inappropriate for the kids at home. Because there is so much stuff available on social media which is unsuitable for the younguns. Not just that, but if you are running a small organization, you would not want your employees to access such portals during working hours. No matter the reason, there are many reasons why a user would want to Block Social Media On Computer. That’s why today’s topic is on how to Block Social Media On Computer. Let’s Begin!
4 Ways to Block Social Media On Computer
Just like it’s easy to block inappropriate websites on Android, one can Block Social Media On Computer. To do so, I have drafted a number of steps for the cause, you are allowed to pick one of them which suits you the best. Though all of the provided steps are easy to perform, you don’t need to worry about any sort of inconvenience. Head below to know about them:
Most of the users do not want to block social media website(s) permanently. For such a cause, they execute a trick with the help of a software known as HT Employee Monitor. Such software is delivered to block websites either temporarily or permanently. To learn how to work with it, follow the steps provided below:
- Firstly, download & install HT Employee Monitor on your Computer.
- After the successful installation of the software, execute it on the PC.
- Navigate to Controls tab and then Website Limiting section.
- Here select the websites which you want to block temporarily.
- Once you are done with the selection, click once on the save button and you are good to go.
Do Visit: How To Use Whatsapp on Computer
As mentioned before, the same HT Employee Monitor also allows you to temporarily block social media and other websites as well. Now that you are familiar with the interface of the software, you can easily perform this particular task. To do so, follow the steps provided below:
- From the Controls section, click once on the Website Blocking tab.
- Here, select the files which you find inappropriate and click on the OK button.
- There you go, all your selected domains are blocked on your PC.
Access Block Site Extension
Block Site is a Chrome extension delivered with a solemn purpose, to allow users to block websites. This extension is available for free on Chrome web stores. Users are can easily download and use it according to their piece of choice. To learn how to work with it, follow the steps provided below:
- At first, download Block Site extension on Chrome.
- Wait a while until it installs.
- When done, click on its icon available at the Chrome taskbar and select options.
- Under the list of blocked sites section, add the websites you like to block and hit the add page button.
- You can also set a redirect for a particular website, in case you want to act funny or for any other cause.
- Users can also remove a blocked website from the list by removing it manually from the list of blocked sites tab.
Full Guide: How To Delete Temporary Files in Windows 10
Block Social Media via Host File
Blocking Social Media via Host File is the easiest method to execute. But if I am being honest, most of the users avoid it because they are not provided with the right guide to perform it. Though it is easy and you don’t need to download or install any software to perform it as well. Follow the provided steps to know how it is done:
- For Windows users, they need to type C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\ in the Cortana bar and navigate to the provided file source.
- Here, they will be asked as in which program they want to run the Host file. Select Notepad (recommended).
- Now in localhost name resolution type, Enter the social media domains similarly as I did in the provided screenshot.
- When done, save the file and you are good to go.
Mac users need to open the file path /private/etc/hosts. After that, executing the commands just like we did in the Windows PC.
Optimizing For Good!
Here comes an end to our guide on How To Block Social Media On Computer. Feel free to ask for any suggestions in case you are unable to perform any of the tasks provided above. We know the above-provided is an anti-social media article but do share it with your friends. Stay tuned to TechPCApps for further guides. Thanks.