Microsoft incorporations have made it sure that their use does not return unsatisfied. For instance, there are millions of users who face difficulty with slow speed processing. They want their Windows PC or Laptop to perform the desired tasks without a hassle. But sometimes the Windows operating system is unable to provide with such services and is such case losses the trust of its users. A reason why such operating system is responding laggy is that there are too many temporary files saved in it. For that, I have drafted a guide to Delete Temporary Files in Windows 10. Let’s Start!
- 1 How To Delete Temporary Files in Windows 10
- 1.1 Delete Temporary Files via Windows 10 Settings
- 1.2 Delete Temporary Files via Windows 10 File Explorer
- 1.3 Delete Temporary Files via Windows 10 Disk Cleanup
- 1.4 Delete Temporary Files in Windows 10 Using Run
- 1.5 Delete Temporary Files in Windows 10 Using CMD
- 1.6 Share this:
- 1.7 Related
How To Delete Temporary Files in Windows 10
As we all know that Windows 10 is easy to understand operating system ever introduced. That is why there are a number of ways to Delete Temporary Files in Windows 10. So I have encountered some of them and now I have decided to share them all with you. So with any further delay, let us get to our guide:
Delete Temporary Files via Windows 10 Settings
- Firstly, head to Windows 10 settings. To do so, type Settings in the Windows Cortana bar and hit enter. An alternative and easy way to open Settings is by pressing Windows key + I.
- Once you are in Windows 10 settings, navigate to System.
- Here in the storage section, click once on the drive in which you have installed Windows. (my Windows drive is C:)
- Wait a while, let the windows settings process properly till it provides you with the final pent drive result.
- Now, navigate to Temporary files section and delete whatever you want to remove from your installed OS.
Delete Temporary Files via Windows 10 File Explorer
- Open File Explorer on your Windows 10 OS.
- Here in C drive, open Windows Folder & navigate to Temp.
- There you go, all the temporary files are now at the interface of your Windows PC or Laptop. Delete/ Remove files as you like.
Delete Temporary Files via Windows 10 Disk Cleanup
- In File Explorer, right-click on the drive in which you have installed Windows. (i.e, C:)
- Click once on Disk Cleanup.
- Choose the temporary files which you want to delete from Windows 10.
- Select Cleanup System Files.
- There you go, your operating system is now free of temporary files.
Delete Temporary Files in Windows 10 Using Run
- In Windows 10, you need to run three different commands which will lead you to the temporary files. You need to select all the files and delete them accordingly.
- Firstly, press Windows key + R button to open the Run dialogue box.
- Here you need to run three commands one be one. Try to follow the sequence as I have provided you.
- Run all of these commands and delete all the temporary files which your OS allows you to do so.
Delete Temporary Files in Windows 10 Using CMD
- Type CMD in the Windows 10 Cortana bar. Here right-click on command prompt and select run as administrator.
- Here execute a simple command: del %temp%\*.
- Type yes and give it permission to do so.
- Now, wait a while and you are on the go.
Windows 10, The Best!
Here comes an end to our guide on How To Delete Temporary Files in Windows 10. Feel free to ask any questions according to our topic here and do not forget to share our posts via social media. Stay tuned with TechPCApps for further guides. Thanks.