WiFi has become an essential part of every internet user. You know there are billions of internet users, most of them love to connect their devices to the free WiFis. Even I love to access a free public WiFi when I am on the go and don’t want to waste much of my mobile data. It’s obvious that no one likes to empty their pockets when they can have some free services. Though, sometimes you don’t know about the WiFi password which you are connected to. So in this article, I will show you How To Find Saved WiFi Passwords On Android, iOS & Windows. Let us start now!
- 1 How To Find Saved WiFi Passwords On Android, iOS & Windows
- 1.1 View Saved WiFi Passwords on Android Without Root
- 1.2 Know WiFi Passwords on iOS
- 1.3 See WiFi Passwords on Windows
- 1.4 Editor’s Choice:
- 1.5 Share this:
- 1.6 Related
How To Find Saved WiFi Passwords On Android, iOS & Windows
Everybody owns a smartphone, either it is Android or iOS. Mobile devices are mostly connected to free WiFis as compared to Computers. Fortunately, there are some employees who have a Windows PC but are not aware of its connected WiFi. That’s why I am going to tell you about how to view saved WiFi passwords on mobile & PC.
View Saved WiFi Passwords on Android Without Root
There is a simple and neat trick to find WiFi passwords on Android Without Root. We know that rooting an Android device is not safe for every user. Because it can affect your device in an unhealthy manner. Still, there are plenty of ways to view saved Wi-Fi passwords on Android. Below I have listed all of the methods which are safe:
Using Third Party Apps
Viewing saved files can be done by heading to the system files. It’s obvious that if we are accessing system files, we cannot use the built-in file manager on Android. Likely, ES File Explorer is a tool which allows you to fully manage the saved files. So here we are trying to explore the saved WiFi passwords, we can use this amazing file explorer to achieve our task.
- Firstly, install ES File Explorer on Android. (Download Link)
- After installation, open it.
- Now open device/ system files.
- Here go to data -> misc -> wifi folder.
- Access file named as wpa_supplicant.conf.
- You will be provided with all the saved wifi passwords on Android. The name of a WiFi device is presented in SSID and below them, passwords under psk. Use or share, do as you want to.
Point To be Noted: Do not edit or mess with the saved files you find here unless you know what you are doing. Because it might cost network problems in the future.
Through Connected Router’s IP
The simplest & easiest way to find WiFi passwords is by exploring Router IP. For that, you only need an internet browser but nothing else. There is no harm done by implying this process, but only if you do not customize the settings provided to you. Below are the easy steps to know how to works.
- First, open your web browser and visit 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
- Type admin as both user name and password. After that, press Enter to start viewing wifi passwords.
- Open your desired Wi-Fi router followed by its name provided to you.
- Now navigate to Wireless -> Wireless Security.
- Here you will now be able to see the saved WiFi passwords.
Know WiFi Passwords on iOS
As compared to Android, it is a lot simple to know WiFi passwords on iPhone or iPad. There is a simple application available for this particular cause. Jailbroken iPhone users can access Cydia easily and without inconvenience. Though its services are available for free, so there is no harm in using this beneficial application.
- Download & Install Cydia on iPhone. (Link)
- After installation, head to your WiFi settings.
- Here open Network Passwords or Known Networks.
- Now you will be able to see all the saved WiFi passwords on iOS.
See WiFi Passwords on Windows
Windows users have the privilege to see saved Wi-Fi passwords anytime they want to. Even when they are not connected with the networks, they can still find the passwords. It’s obvious that if you are using a Microsoft operating system, no third-party apps can deliver you with the services similar to the default ones. Though, there are two different ways to achieve our task here.
Fix 1 – Wi-Fi Settings
- Click on the WiFi icon from the taskbar and open the properties of your desired WiFi.
- Here navigate to WiFi, open Network and Sharing Center.
- Under the connections menu, hit the connected WiFi link.
- Go To Wireless Properties.
- Click the Security tab and under Network Security Key, you will be able to access the saved Wi-Fi passwords.
Fix 2 – Command Prompt
- Type ‘cmd’ in Cortana search bar and run command prompt as administrator.
- In Command Prompt type netsh wlan show profiles and press enter.
- You will be provided with the list on named of saved networks.
- Now run the command netsh wlan show profiles (profile name).
- Here you will be provided with all the saved WiFi passwords on Windows.
- 2019’s Top 10 Download Managers For Windows
- Top 5 Free PC Optimization Software For Windows
- Siri For Android – Best Free Siri Alternatives
- Odin Free Download – All Versions in 2019
View Wi-Fi Passwords Conveniently!
Here comes an end to our guide on How To Find Saved WiFi Passwords On Android, iOS & Windows. Stay tuned to TechPCApps for further guides and please do share our posts on social media. Give us feedback if you find yourself stuck in performing any of the above-provided steps. Enjoy your time, thanks.