Google Play services have an enormous of users on it. So sometimes it gets messy for the users to access its services. Also, there is another reason for that, because of the variety of smartphones nowadays, it has become very difficult for Google services to handle all kinds of Android versions and updates. But there focus is on the latest devices, so when a user has not updated his/her Android version or has an old device. The play store can get a little messy. Moreover, there are some users who have turned off there Play Store updates, so rather than working properly, the services bring the chaos of bugs on the user’s device.
Not to worry, we are here to provide you with an easy tutorial on How To Fix Google play services has stopped 2020. There will be a number of steps that will ensure that you do not annoyed again by this particular error. So without any delay, follow the guide below to start processing:
How To Fix Google play services has stopped 2020
As told before, users need to follow a number of steps in order to solve the problem, like forever. So try not to be smart and do all the necessary steps provided to you in the guide below:
1. Update Google Play Service
The first need you need to do is update your play store services. If you do not know how to do it, follow the guide below:
- Open Google Play. (Link)
- Hit the three-lined menu button.
- Choose My Apps & Games.
- Now, update Google Play Service.
- Once done, restart your smartphone.
2. Clear Cache of Google Services
There is a default feature installed in every smartphone which allows Google to synchronize any app data. So most of the time when users install a bundle of apps and games on their devices, it gets a little buggy due to the sync feature. Clearing the Cache of Google Services may help you resolve this specific problem. Follow the guide below to get the job done:
- The first you do is open the Settings of your device.
- Go to the Apps menu.
- Here, hit the three-dotted menu button, placed at the top right corner.
- Select Show System Apps.
- Open Google Services Framework.
- Hit Force Stop button.
- At last, hit the Clear Cache button.
- Try to restart now, for better results.
3. Reinstall Google Play
Reinstalling Google Play can also help users a lot. Because most of the time Google is not being able to update properly according to the current Android version. That’s why it’s better to give it a try. Follow the guide below to learn how to perform the task:
- Go to Settings.
- Choose Security, here open Device Administrator.
- Now Disable Android Manager.
- Open Apps and choose Google Play Store.
- Hit Uninstall Updates.
- Again, hit the Security menu, go to Device Administrator and Enable Android Manager.
- Later while, you will be notified to Install Google Play on your device.
- Install it and now its time to restart your smartphone.
4. Put Back Gmail Account
Periodically the Google services get tricky with the Gmail account. So it’s good for you to remove your Gmail Account and then put back your account credentials in order to get the job done. Follow the guide below in order to proceed:
- Hit the Settings icon.
- Go to Accounts.
- Choose Google and hit the menu button.
- Tap on Remove Account.
- Now, reverse the process and add your Gmail account again.
- Once added, restart your device.
5. Other Operations
This problem may annoy you even after performing all of the above operations. So in order to resolve the problem for the future, try to change the date&time settings and clearing the cache memory of your device. Both of these are very easily done. Follow the guide to know how to do it:
- Open Settings.
- Hit Date&Time.
- Turn on the Automatic Time Zone.
b. Cache Memory
- Go to Settings.
- Open Apps menu.
- Choose Google Play Service.
- Hit Force Stop and now its time to tap on Clear Cache.
Now, the thing you need to restart your Android device. Hopefully, after that you will not be annoyed by Google play services has stopped alert.
In The End
Still, facing the same annoying notification? Then, the only way left for you is to hard reset your smartphone. Because this act will provide your phone with the latest version of Android and of all the apps & games. But before that, do not forget to backup all of your important through cloud storage services.
That’s it for How To Fix Google play services has stopped 2020. Stay tuned for similar tips/tricks and do not forget to feedback in the comments box below. Thanks.