People are never gonna say no to Android smartphones. Because they know Samsung, Huawei, Vivo, Oneplus and some other companies have made it sure that users are delivered with full services. So why even bother using any other expensive smartphones, who don’t even care whether if you are provided with good services or not.
A great thing about Android OS is that when you encounter a problem, you can solve the issue by yourself. For instance, most of the Android users are complaining about Missed Call Notification Not Showing on their smartphones. So I’ve come forward to draft a guide to help you with How To Fix Missed Call Notification Not Showing in Android. Let me take you straight to the point where you can start to know ways to solve this issue.
- 1 8 Ways to Fix Missed Call Notification Not Showing in Android
- 1.1 1) Restart Your Android Device
- 1.2 2) Reset Default Phone App
- 1.3 3) Clear Phone App’s Data & Cache
- 1.4 4) Enable Phone App Notifications
- 1.5 5) Disable Caller ID and Spam Protection
- 1.6 6) Uninstall Device Manager Apps
- 1.7 7) Enable Samsung Experience Home
- 1.8 8) Reset App Preferences
- 1.9 Share this:
- 1.10 Related
8 Ways to Fix Missed Call Notification Not Showing in Android
Yes, there are multiple ways to Fix Missed Call Notification Not Showing in Android. All of them are tested by me and I want you to imply them by yourself. Don’t worry, because I’ll present the steps to you, as simple as possible. But do want something from you, please perform the following steps as the way they are presented to you, it’s for your safety:
1) Restart Your Android Device
First things first, restart your Android phone before executing any of the lengthy steps. I’m telling you this because I’ve encountered tons of problems solved just by rebooting a device. According to me and other tech enthusiasts, this solution works for 80% of the problems encountered in electronic devices. So you know, why don’t you do it first and if it doesn’t work, follow the other steps.
2) Reset Default Phone App
In case you have installed third-party calling apps, they are the sole reason for this issue here. Because when a user installs them, users don’t know that they are set as their default app. So if their default Phone app is not the one that is supposed to, then there is no chance of getting missed call notifications. Follow the steps below to customize settings as the way they were on your smartphone.
- Open the Settings app on your Android Phone.
- From there, navigate to Apps/Apps & Notifications/App Manager.
- Tap once on “Default apps” which available under Advanced options. In some Android versions like Oreo or older, it’s available under the three-dotted icon.
- Once you are there, tap on the Calling app and select the one that’s set by the system.
3) Clear Phone App’s Data & Cache
- Unlock your Android device and navigate to its Settings.
- Now tap on Apps & Notifications/Apps or App Manager.
- Inside the Apps menu, swipe down a little and tap on Contacts/Phone.
- Tap once on “Clear Cache button“
- Reboot your Android device and see if the issue is solved.
4) Enable Phone App Notifications
- Navigate to the Phone/Contacts App from the settings of your Android phone.
- Discover the Notifications tab and open it.
- Here, you’ll see a Notifications Toggle, enable it.
- After enabling such a toggle, don’t forget to enable the Missed Calls toggle.
- Now restart your phone, to see if you fixed this frustrating problem.
5) Disable Caller ID and Spam Protection
- Open your Default Phone App.
- Tap once on the three-dotted icon and navigate to its “Settings”
- Swipe down a little and make sure that Caller ID and Spam Protection is disabled.
- If not, then tap on it and turn off its toggle.
6) Uninstall Device Manager Apps
If you have installed any device manager apps like Launchers or CM security on Android, then it’s time you uninstall them. Because these apps may be the cause of why you are facing trouble in getting the Missed call notifications. Because such apps block all the notifications which they think are no use to you. So if you have installed any such antivirus or cache cleaner apps, you need to uninstall them and restart your device to see if the problem persists or not.
7) Enable Samsung Experience Home
This part is only for the owners of Samsung smartphones:
- Open “Settings” and tap on “Apps”
- Tap once on the three-dotted icon and select “Special Access”
- Discover and tap on “Notification access”
- Enable the “Samsung Experience Home” Toggle.
8) Reset App Preferences
Now that you have tried all of the things, it’s time you set your Android device to the default settings. This act will not delete any of your personal or system data, but only reset the settings done on your Android device.
- From the Android phone’s Settings, navigate to “Apps” or “Apps & Notifications”
- Now tap on the three-dotted icon and select “Reset App Preferences”
- Confirm this action and wait until your device completes the process.
- When done, restart your device to check if you got lucky this time.
That’s all, thanks for trusting TechPCApps to Fix Missed Call Notification Not Showing in Android.