Don’t forget one thing ever, nothing’s impossible. Always remember that everything’s possible if you are willing to make it work. Same implies to the Sticky Keys Not Working on Windows 10 Issue. This error can be annoying to every sort of user. Yes, if you are a gamer or a blogger like myself, you should know the importance of Shift keys. Because they help you get the work done with less human effort and time spent. Meaning, God forbidden, you ever get into such a situation, you may wanna get its solution instantly. So here, I’ll help you acknowledge How To Fix Sticky Keys Not Working on Windows 10. There are multiple ways to accomplish our goal here, so try to be patient and in case if any fix doesn’t help you, move on to the next one.
- 1 How Do I Fix Sticky Keys Not Working on Windows 10?
- 1.1 Use The Same Old Trick
- 1.2 Tweak Sticky Keys Settings
- 1.3 Turn Off/On Sticky Keys
- 1.4 Disable Num Lock
- 1.5 Hit All Shift Keys
- 1.6 Change Keyboard
- 1.7 Turn Off Your PC
- 1.8 Update Keyboard Driver
- 1.9 Customize Keyboard Properties
- 1.10 Scan Your Windows 10 PC or Laptop
- 1.11 Run Keyboard Troubleshoot
- 1.12 Share this:
- 1.13 Related
How Do I Fix Sticky Keys Not Working on Windows 10?
Use The Same Old Trick
There’s a saying that Old ways are still the best and beneficial. So why don’t you try it and see if that resolves the issue here? From the Windows 7 release, Microsoft added a feature to help users turn on sticky keys. By pressing any shift key 5 times, they are enabled from the system settings. Check if this helps you or not.
Tweak Sticky Keys Settings
- Open Windows 10 Settings from the Start menu.
- Click on “Ease of Access“
- Under the “Keyboard” tab lookout for the sticky keys menu inside the right-side panel.
- Once you locate the Sticky keys menu, enable its toggle and the checkbox placed right beneath it.
- In case, you are willing to use the Filter keys, you can also enable them.
- You can enable the same setting through Control Panel.
- Navigate to the following path in Control Panel: Ease of Access>>Ease of Access Center.
- Now under “Make it easier to type” tab, check the “Sticky keys” checkbox.
- For further modification, open “Set up Sticky Keys” and select the options that intrust you.
Turn Off/On Sticky Keys
If just enabling the sticky keys is not much of help to you, then try switching them off and on for at least two times. This may help you Fix Sticky Keys Not Working on Windows 10. So to start, either use the Windows 10 settings to disable them and then enable them from the control panel by implying the method provided-above.
Disable Num Lock
There’s a possibility that your Num Lock is causing the trouble here. So to check if that’s the solution or not, just press the “Num Lock” key once and when disabled, reboot your PC. Before logging into your Windows 10 account, make sure that the Number Lock stays disabled. Thereafter, see if the problem persists or not.
Hit All Shift Keys
Now here’s a tricky one, press and hold both of the Shift keys from your keyboard simultaneously. Then, don’t release them for at least 10 seconds. If still you are facing the same trouble, press & hold the right shift key for 10 seconds and release it. Do the same with the left-side shift key and see if your problem has come to an end or not.
In case nothing seems to workout sofar, try using another keyboard. Because there may be a problem with your input device and you are making the wrong steps. If you don’t want to buy a new one, the least you can do is borrow a piece of device to just check the Sticky Keys Not Working Issue on Windows 10.
Turn Off Your PC
A simple shutdown can also be a relief from this error. Just forget about rebooting your machine and shut it down properly. Let it be for about 5 minutes and then turn it on again. If there was something wrong with the software or just the I/O ports, then the reset may come handy to you.
Update Keyboard Driver
- Press Windows + R button and execute “devmgmt.msc” from the run box.
- Right-click on your keyboard name and select “Update Driver“
- Follow the on-screen instructions and see if it resolves the issue or not.
Also Read: Microsoft – Windows Logo Key Shortcuts
Customize Keyboard Properties
- Press Windows + X key and select “Device Manager“
- Now right-click on your keyboard and select “Properties“
- Under “Power Management“, check the “Allow this device to wake the computer” checkbox.
- Click on the “Ok” button and close the window.
Scan Your Windows 10 PC or Laptop
It is a possibility that a malware causing the error Sticky Keys Not Working on Windows 10. So there’s no harm in using an Antivirus. If you haven’t installed one, its to do it. Just download the best antivirus software on PC and use it to scan for the virus. If you want a suggestion from me, I trust Kaspersky Anti-Virus because of its beneficial services. (Download link)
Run Keyboard Troubleshoot
- Open your Windows 10 Settings and type “keyboard troubleshoot” in its search bar.
- Select the option of “Find and Fix Keyboard Problems”
- In the next window, check “Apply repairs automatically” and click on the “Next” button.
- Now let your operating system resolve the issue.
That’s all, thanks for visiting TechPCApps to Fix Sticky Keys Not Working on Windows 10