Microsoft operating systems have delivered lots of great things for the users. Where such OS comes with lots of fabulous features, they also can be sometimes really buggy and can become a source of a headache. Users who do not know how to overcome such problems can find themselves stuck in the middle of solving such problems. Well, where there is a problem, there always is a solution. So today we will provide our viewers with a guide on how to solve Headphones not working in Windows 10. Hopefully, our guide will help you master such sort of difficulty. So let’s start!
*Fixed* Headphones not working in Windows 10
We have come up with a number of solution to help our viewers. All of the provided solutions are performed by ourselves. So we hope that all of them will work fine for you. But do not give up by performing only one of them, give them all a try until your problem is solved. Head below to know about the solutions:
Solution 1 – Automatically Update Sound Drivers
It’s good if you let Windows 10 update your sound drivers automatically. Because in such a way, you may not have to face any future problem and also it can be done easily. So let us tell how to perform it:
- Right click on your speaker icon and click once on Sounds.
- Go To Properties.
- In Control Information, hit once Properties.
- In General tab, open Change Settings.
- Open Driver tab and click on Update Driver.
- Now, let Windows 10 automatically search and update sound drivers.
- Wait for a while till it completes the process.
- Another window will start to appear when the process is done.
- Restart your computer or laptop.
Feel free to check your headphones or speakers if they have started to work or not. If not, then follow the solution provided below.
Solution 2 – Manually Update Audio Drivers
Going on to solution 2, some goals can not be achieved without making a struggle. One has to be creative and also needs to get the job done by himself. Like now we are going to manually update audio drivers in Windows 10.
- From Cortana’s bar, open device manager.
- Here go to Sound, video and game controls and open High definition audio device.
- In its properties, open Driver tab and click once on Update Driver.
- Select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Choose Let me pick from the list of available drivers on my computer.
- Click on the Next button.
- Select Yes if you like to proceed.
- After a while, a window will appear telling you that Windows has successfully updated your drivers.
- It will also ask you to restart your computer or laptop in order to let things work properly.
Solution 3 – Turn off Front Panel Jack Detection
For Realtek Software users who find themselves stuck in this particular problem. They need to follow some easy steps provided below:
- Open Realtek sound manager.
- Go to Connector settings from the right side tab.
- Check Disable front panel jack detection.
Obviously, restart your desktop pc or laptop in order to let things work smoothly.