People love to live stream movies & TV shows. Some watch online content to pass their time while on the go. While some of the users use media as the best source to remove boredom from their life. But sometimes it becomes really difficult for a user to find the right software according to his needs. Just like Showbox, Kodi is a free live streaming media player which helps users access movies & TV shows over the internet. Most of the live streaming fans are familiar with this famous app. So in this article, I will tell you to Install Kodi on Windows, Linux, iOS, Mac, Firestick, Xbox One & Chromebook. Let’s Begin!
- 1 Installing Kodi – Ultimate Guide
- 1.1 Guide To Install Kodi on Android
- 1.2 Guide To Install Kodi on iOS
- 1.3 Guide to Install Kodi on Windows
- 1.4 Guide To Install Kodi on Mac
- 1.5 Guide To Install Kodi on Linux
- 1.6 Guide To Install Kodi on FireStick/ Fire Tv
- 1.7 Guide To Install Kodi on Chromebook
- 1.8 Guide To Install Kodi on Xbox One
- 1.9 Share this:
- 1.10 Related
Installing Kodi – Ultimate Guide
Kodi is the most beloved live streaming platform, users access this application to watch their desired stuff online. All of the favored media formats are available inside this application. A good thing about this magnificent application is its availability for all the famous operating systems. So evert OS has different functionalities, most of the users do not know how to get their apps instantly. So here, I will provide you a complete guide on how to install Kodi on Any Device in 2019.
Guide To Install Kodi on Android
The easiest way to install Kodi on Android is through the Google Play store. Most of the users don’t know, an amazing app like this one could be officially available on play store, so they get trapped by the third-party app stores, which also harms their device in a bad manner. So the safest way for those who are not using an Android without Google services, they can easily download it from the Play Store. For that, they need to open the Play store and type Kodi in the search bar. Now tab on the search button and from the search results, install Kodi just like other Android apps.
Guide To Install Kodi on iOS
Unfortunately, there it’s a little lengthy to install Kodi on iOS. But thanks to app store alternatives like AppValley, users can now enjoy this amazing live streaming application on iOS. So with a proper guide, you will be able to install this app easily and without any hassle. A more fascinating thing about installing Kodi on iOS is that you don’t need to jailbreak your device. All can be done with the help of the official framework of your iPhone or iPad. Head below to know about the steps to install the app on your device:
- Visit AppValley and tap once on the install button. It will ask you to for permissions to install the app, allow it. (Link)
- When installed, you will see a dialogue box notification telling you about the successful installation, just close it.
- Go to the settings of your iOS device. The third menu appearing in the settings will be Profile Downloaded, open it.
- Now hit the install button appearing on the top-right corner of your mobile interface.
- After entering the passcode, again hit the install button and let this third-party app store install in peace.
- Open AppValley on your iPhone and here type Kodi in its search bar. Select your desired Kodi version and click once on the Get button.
- After the successful installation of Kodi on iOS, you will be able to access all of its features on your device.
Guide to Install Kodi on Windows
As Windows is the most favorable operating system, there are two convenient methods to install Kodi on Windows. Both of these methods can be easily performed and users can fully trust the platform from which we are going to install the application. So without further delay, head to steps provided below to know how it is done:
Installing Kodi Officially
If you want a Beta or Latest version Kodi on a Windows PC, I would suggest you download it from the official website. Well, to install Kodi, visit the official website. Select the desired/installed Windows OS and download the Kodi.exe file. After successful downloading of Kodi.exe, run it and follow the on-screen instructions to install the app properly on your device.
Installing Kodi via Microsoft Store
If you are a Windows user, you shout not be worrying about the safety on Microsoft store. As it is an Official app store for Windows users, Kodi is also available on it. To install Kodi on Windows via Microsoft Store, visit this official apps store. Search for Kodi and install it properly on your device. A pro about this method is that you can also update Kodi directly from the Microsoft store. A con is that this facility is only available for Windows 8.1 or 10 OS users.
Guide To Install Kodi on Mac
Similar to the installation process on iOS, users need to follow a number of steps to install Kodi on Mac. Because Apple users are not allowed to install applications from third-party apps. Of course, it is because of online security, but still, it can act as a curse for users like Kodi fans. So in order to install the app, follow the convenient steps presented below:
- Open Kodi’s website on your Mac device.
- Now click on the Installer (64Bit) button. After you downloaded the Kodi file, you need to perform a number of steps to install Kodi on iMac or MacBook.
- Open System Preferences, go to the Security & privacy menu.
- Here, navigate to the General tab.
- Now select Anywhere option, placed under the Allow Downloaded From tab.
- Afterward, click on the downloaded file of Kodi and open Applications folder.
- It’s time to press control + V (CMD+V) button to start pasting Kodi in your app’s index.
- Congrats, Kodi on Mac is installed successfully.
Guide To Install Kodi on Linux
With the help of proper guidance, installing Kodi on Linux is just like a walk in the park. Now, this guide is drafted for both the expert & beginners of Linux or Ubuntu users. It’s a fact that Linux is a lot different from other operating systems out there, so it will take some of your time to install it properly.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + T or Ctrl + Alt + T, to open the Linux command terminal.
- Now execute the following commands to install Kodi on Ubuntu or Linux.
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmcppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi
- Don’t forget to complete the installation forums properly.
- After the successful installation of Kodi on Linux, you can either access it directly from the terminal by entering Kodi in the same terminal or by accessing it from the program’s center.
Guide To Install Kodi on FireStick/ Fire Tv
Amazon devices like FireStick/ Fire TV are Android based. Still, many users find it hard to install Kodi on FireStick/ Fire TV. It’s because of the Amazon’s policies, they do not allow users to handle and manage applications which are installed from third-party resources. But yet, if you want something, you can get it, but only by performing the following steps:
- Navigate your device’s settings and go to the Device menu.
- Select Developer Options.
- Now enable the Apps from Unknown Sources toggle.
- Visit the Amazon apps store and install the Downloader by AFTVnews.com.
- Now type http://www.kodi.tv/download in the URL bar and press the Go button.
- As you are using an Android OS, select the Android logo.
- Select the 32Bit or 64Bit version, as per your device version.
- Now Kodi will start to download on Fire TV/ FireStick.
- After downloading, click on the install button and let the application install in peace.
- Now Kodi Will be installed successfully and get to use it, as you want to.
- You can also get Kodi on FireStick/ Fire TV with the help ES File Explorer.
- Open the Amazon store and install ES File Explorer. (Don’t forget to turn on apps from Unknown sources toggle as we did in the previous method)
- After installation of this file manager, open it and navigate to internal storage.
- Here go to Download folder and open the Kodi APK file.
- Select install twice, first from the file manager interface and secondly from the installation license.
- When it is installed, open it and start enjoying Kodi Add-ons and repositories.
Guide To Install Kodi on Chromebook
There are two different ways to install Kodi on Chromebook. One is by getting Kodi officially from the play store and the other one is by using the services of a Chrome extension known as Arc Welder. IF you are willing to install the app officially, you can visit the play store and type Kodi in its search bar. Once there, install the app and start using its services to watch movies & TV shows. However, if you cannot find the Play Store, first, you have to download Kodi APK file according to your Chromebook version(available versions are like 32bit or 64bit). Now download Arc welder Chrome extension and install it respectively. Now open the Arc Welder Chrome extension and upload the Kodi APK file in it. After it is installed, run the app by clicking on the test button. Depending on the performance level of your Chromebook & internet, Kodi will start automatically in a couple of seconds.
Guide To Install Kodi on Xbox One
To enjoy Kodi on Xbox One, users can decide to either get services of official Xbox store or enter the Microsoft store for this particular cause. Either way, make a search of Kodi keyword with the help of search bar and let their device install Kodi in peace. After it is installed, users will be able to access all of its services amazingly on a gaming console. See, it’s that simple.
Kodi, At Its Best!
There you go, now that you have successfuly installed Kodi on your device. Feel free to ask for suggestions according our subject here. Stay tuned to TechPCApps for further guides. Don’t forget to share our detailed guides with others on FaceBook, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc. Thanks for your visit, enjoy.